Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Approaching Storm



12 x 12 - Acrylic on Canvas - Private Collection (Kelowna, B.C.)

The story behind the work:

How long have I been in this storm? So overwhelmed by the ocean's shapeless form,
Water's getting harder to tread with these waves crashing over my head,
If I could just see you everything would be all right,
If I'd see you, this darkness would turn to light.

And I will walk on water and you will catch me if I fall
And I will get lost into your eyes 
I know everything will be alright
I know everything is alright......

Sailors must be constantly on the lookout and prepared for changing weather. Smooth sailing, whether on the ocean or in our personal lives,  can quickly turn into a fight to keep one’s head above water.  But help is always available - just look for the Lighthouse!